Dual Credit/Dual Enrollment classes are a way for Juniors and Seniors to earn college credit at a reduced rate.
Mr. Wheeler offers two Dual Credit History classes each year (US History I/US History II & Western Civilization I/Western Civilization II) through Crowder College. The fee for this option is $60 per credit hour ($180 per semester & $360 for the year).
Mrs. Sutcliffe is offering Dual Credit Chemistry through UCM for the 2021-2022 academic year. This is a 4 credit hour class and includes one credit hour of lab work. The fee for this class is $89.90 per credit hour ($359.60 for the year).
Juniors and Seniors also have the option to enroll in online Dual Enrollment classes offered through colleges/universities. Select classes do have requirements students need to meet prior to classes starting. If a student is interested in earning college credit in high school, please see Ms. Bryant for more information.
Missouri Southern State University, Missouri State University, and State Fair Community College offer tuition waivers for students whose family qualifies for the Free/Reduced Lunch Program. The waiver will cover up to two classes (6 credits) per semester per student. Ms. Bryant has more information for those that qualify.
In the past, we have had students earn college credit through Fort Scott Community College, Crowder College, Missouri Southern State University, State Technical College of Missouri, and Southwest Baptist University.
Dual Credit/Dual Enrollment Tuition (as of February 2021)
· Crowder $60 per credit hour (free book rental from Neosho campus)
· MSSU $50 per credit hour + book fee
· MSU $70 per credit hour + book fee
· FSCC $105 per credit hour + book fee
Hume School District MOCAP Requirements
In order to take dual credit/enrollment courses a student must abide by the following criteria:
• Have a minimum of 90% attendance
• Maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA
• Score the state minimum on their ACT in that given field to enroll in dual credit courses
Edmentum is Hume School District's online course provider. If a student wishes to take courses through Edmentum the student must meet all criteria and abide by the following rules:
• Maintain 90% attendance
• If the course is offered by Hume School District the student must enroll in the regular education classroom
• If a student fails an online course they will no longer be eligible to take online courses.
Edmentum offers students the option to take Advanced Placement courses. Students must meet the following requirements;
• Maintain a cumulative 3.5 GPA
• Pass the regular education course as a precursor
• Achieve a score of Advanced on the EOC
Section 161.670, RSMo, outlines the requirements for MOCAP, including that schools must inform parents about the program (Section 161.670.4, RSMo). Below is the link for more information regarding district requirements: