Parents and Seniors,
This year the FAFSA opens at the end of December. This is to be completed each year you are planning on attending college, university, junior college, and some trade schools. Most schools have different priority deadlines, but this should be completed before February 1st for priority deadline.
Families will need the following information to complete the application:
• Most current Tax Forms (only if student worked, only if parent worked. If you worked, but did not make enough to file taxes, you will need the W2 or how much he/she made that year).
• Social Security Number (for student and parent)
• Birthdate (for student and parent)
• Month and year parents were married (if parents are divorced, must know the month and year of divorce).
• Access to your email account to create a FAFSA ID
If you have any questions, please let me know! If I do not have the answer, the financial aid office at the college where your child plans to attend is another resource!!
****If enrolling in classes for the upcoming Summer session, you will need to complete the FAFSA application using tax information from two years prior. (example Summer 2021 will use 2018 tax returns).